“Rain clouds come floating in, not to muddy my days ahead, but to make me calm, happy and hopeful”
Monsoon is the season which is generally loved by everyone, because of it’s weather, green environment and the loads of fun. But however, with pleasant weather it also brings a number of health problems which are not easy to deal with. So taking proper precautions becomes a requisite to avoid such health problems, especially for the kids as they need extra care during this season.
Spread of infection increases with the advent of monsoon. Cough, cold and flu are common problems of this season which attacks the children faster due to fluctuating temperature. Elderly people, College-going student, office goers and moms of little kids, all age group people are vulnerable to such infections. Food and water-borne diseases must be taken care of to avoid such illness.
Always find a shelter when the rain starts pouring in, and try to save yourself from getting drenched and don’t forget to take a shower when you reach home. Yes, taking a shower after getting wet in rain can sound weird but it is quite vital for the much needed precaution.
As it is rightly said that Prevention is better than cure, so here I am penning down some precautions which one should follow during monsoon to keep himself/herself healthy:-
1) Always keep your Raincoat or Umbrella with you and don’t forget to wear waterproof shoes.
2) It’s good to have hot drinks after shower, the best drink will be a cup of hot milk, green tea or soup.
3)Dont forget to drink plenty of water, it help you drain toxins from your body , maybe you will not feel thirsty but its good to drink water in short interval ( Drink pure and clean water)
4) In rainy season its necessary to take care of Cleanliness, try to maintain hygiene around you if you catch a cold, you should clean your hand regularly and use a sanitizer too
5) Always prefer to eat fruits and Green salads as it will help you restore energy . Apples, Mangoes ,Pomegranate and Pears are best for this season . Try avoiding eating watermelon and muskmelons
6)Always keep your house properly clean and take care of garbage. Garbage should be thrown properly outside the house in the dustbin
7) As soon as you bring the vegetables don’t miss to wash them and keep them clean
8)Spicy foods should be avoided as it leads to allergies and skin irritation . Yes, spicy food raises body temperature and stimulate blood circulation ,do better to avoid it in monsoon
9) Always close the bucket of water with a plate to keep it safe.
10) Try to avoid walking through rainy water, it can lead to fungal diseases of the feet and heels.
11) Play indoor game with children rather than allowing them to go outside to play in the playground
12) Don’t use air conditioner rooms with wet hairs
13) Try to have bitter food during monsoon like bitter gourd, neem etc to avoid from skin infections, also avoid fried item and add boiled vegetables in your diet
14) In monsoon we have to have street side but its good to avoid eating street food and outside good rather then cook at home and eat
By taking care of this few precautions we can keep ourself healthy in monsoon season . Have a happy Monsoon with lots of calm and green environment near you and have a good health too
“Take Proper care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live in.” 🙂
I am passing this #MonsoonBlogTrain to Pratibha who will let us know about Monsoon foot spa and Nail care in her blog , don’t miss to visit her blog fianafashionforward
“This post is a part of The Monsoon Blog Train hosted by
should not be repurposed, republished or used otherwise. The content herein is owned by the blogger.
Fashionablefoodz and Prettylilthings are not responsible for any kind of Infringement caused.” #MonsoonBlogTrain