A few days back I shared a pic of Homemade Nachos that were made by me and many of my friends & fellow bloggers asked me for the recipe of Homemade Nachos so instead of sharing with them individually, I thought why not to share the recipe of Homemade Nachos on my blog so that everyone can read it here.
As I see people bring nachos from the market and make cheese sauce only at home, but I always prefer to make everything at home from nachos chips to salsa sauce and cheese sauce too.
I forget to say that Nachos is one of my favourite dish which I always love to have, in fact, my family & kids too love it.
You can try this Homemade Nachos in any month of the year if Makai atta is easily available. I can assure you that it will definitely be loved by everyone, whether for a small get together, birthday or a anniversary party.
Here I am sharing the recipe of Homemade Nachos
Course – Snacks
Cuisine – Mexican
Prep Time – 25-30 minutes
Cook Time – 15-20 minutes
- 100 gm Maida
- 100 gm Makai Ka Atta
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp Ajwain
For Cheese Sauce:-
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cube cheese (grated)
- 1 pinch oregano
For Salsa Sauce:-
- 2 Tomato chopped
- 1 capsicum chopped
- 2 onion chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- chopped coriander leaves
- 1-2 green chillies ( optional )
- 1/2 black pepper
- 1/2 red chilli powder
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1-2 drops capsico sauce
- Mix all the ingredients of Nachos chips and make a dough with cold water ( it will be similar to a namkeen dough which we usually make at home). Now keep it aside for 1/2 an hour.
- After half an hour, take a small ball of it and roll it with the help of roller so as to make a triangle shape (you can make any shape but I prefer triangle shape as it looks nice). Now poke a small hole in it with a knife from both sides and deep fry it.
- For cheese sauce, boil milk and add grated cheese, let it get little thick and then turn off the gas. When the cheese sauce gets cold add oregano leaves in it.
- For salsa sauce, mix all the ingredients and keep aside (always remember to add salt at the time of serving or 1-2 hr before)
- Now on Nachos chips spread cheese sauce and salsa sauce and serve it.
Few points to remember:
- Always serve it as soon as you prepare otherwise it will be soggy or you can serve both the sauce separately with the chips and the guest by themselves make it and eat.
- You can preserve the sauce for 2-3 days.
And the best way to preserve these nachos chips in insulated food jar
In fact, these containers are so useful for hot food also where it will remain the food for 6 hours. These containers have high-quality stainless steel body, which is good for keeping cooking ingredients fresh for long as well it’s made with BPA free Material.
We can keep hot/cold food items in the container and it gives a year warranty to us. It’s come in 3 sizes 700ml, 500ml, and 300ml.
Pulses, cereal, chutneys, dips, jams dry fruits can be keep in food storage container
Nachos should be served cold and immediately
Hope you like the recipe? Do let me know if you plan to try it at home.
I would love to know about your experience. And if anyone of you made this in a different way please do share the recipe as I would love to try your recipe also. Till then have a nice evening beautiful people.