For a mother, it’s really a tough task to make her kids eat healthy food, but giving up is not at all in the dictionary of a mother. Mother are superwomen and they always have a solution of each and every problem. I still remember how my mom made me eat healthy and home made food only. Though she always apply some technique on me or promise to give me some treats, like if you drink tea your skin will turn black, if you eat out food, you will get a pimple. Being a little girl at that time I tend to be quite concerned about my skin and face (even I am quite concerned now as well 😉 ), so I use to listen to my mother and hence prefer to eat only healthy food prepared by my Mom at home.
But when it comes to my kids it was really difficult for me, as this generation kids are more smarter than us. But then I never believe in giving up, and moreover it’s about their health, so I can I ignore that.
I have followed some rules, which I am sharing with you today, hope it will work for you :
1) It’s our duty to check which food to buy and which not to buy. Kids will demand for less nutritious food as they are more tastier, but it’s our duty to see which food to store in fridge and cupboard as when they feel hungry they will search in these two places only. But still, sometimes we should buy their favourite snacks no matter if it’s not nutritious so that they feel good and not deprived.
2) Kids feel good to be pampered so ask them which food they want to have and give them the option to decide itself. You can sometime take kids for shopping.
3) Always serve the food in an innovative and different way, and of course do offer them a new food but never force them to eat, just ask them to have a few bites to taste if they like it or not.
4) It’s not true that kids only like food such as pizza, burger. In fact, my kids do not love fast food quite much but yes they do love to try new foods every time they go outside. So always offer new food to them, ask them to have a little and you can join them as well.
5) Never serve sweets daily in dinner, because when it comes as a prize they will always ask for ice cream or cakes which is not good in daily routine. Taking care of kids health is our responsibility. So you can balance it by giving it on a weekly basis or twice a week.
6) If they are full and the food is still left in the plate please don’t force them to have all the foods. We parents grow up in the rule like to clean up the plate, so don’t do that otherwise they will have less interest in food.
7) Food many not be interesting sometimes, but your care, hugs and affection can make it more interesting. So instead of giving them food as a reward, give them a kiss and hug and always praise them with love and not with food
8) If you want your kids to eat healthily then you should also start eating healthy as it’s said they will follow your path only. So try to set the best example and add nutritious snacks, and never skip meals.
9) Cut down or limit the screen time and computer time for kids, so they will be more active.
This is what I do with my kids in daily life which really help me, though I have to give them maggi sometimes but then it’s a deal to eat healthy food before then only they are allowed to have their favourite Maggie.
Hope this article will help you to make your kids start loving home made food. Do try to be little innovative while making food dishes it will make them crave more to eat.
This blog is a part of the #WeeklyBlogHop hosted by Alpana and Neha. I would like to thank Gunjan for introducing me to this blog hop and would further like to introduce Pragnya to share her take on the prompt