With so many cobwebs settling in our lives, many-a-times we are not able to manage our personal and professional life in a proper way. In order to reach our goals we start neglecting our health and eventually forgets that Health is the real wealth. We are unable to get a perfect sleep which is quite important to stay fit and healthy. A sound sleep in night is as important for our health as eating healthy and exercising.
Let me tell you about the importance of sleep in a simple way. Think of your body as a factory that has to perform certain functions so as to stay fit, healthy and moving. When you sleep your body begins its night shift work that includes healing damaged cells, boosting your immune system, recovering from the day’s activities, recharging your heart and cardiovascular system, etc.
So in this article of mine, I will be telling you about some effective ways to have a sound sleep in the night.
1) Avoiding Cigarettes, Alcohols and Heavy meals : Avoid consuming these things especially in the afternoon as these can disrupt sleep. Eating big or spicy meals before sleeping can cause discomfort from indigestion, thus making it hard to sleep. If you are feeling hungry then you can go for a light snack 45 minutes before bed.
2) Sticking to a sleep schedule: Well this is quite important. Try to follow a schedule of the same bedtime and wakeup time even on the weekends as it helps to regulate the body’s clock which will ensure that you fall asleep at your regular time.
3) Avoiding Naps: If you are having trouble in sleeping at night, then your afternoon naps could be one of the reason so try to avoid naps during afternoon. Power naps could be a good option for you but if they are the reason because of which you are finding it difficult to sleep at night then it is better to eliminate them.
4) Exercising daily: If you are working out daily then it is good for sleeping. Vigorous exercise is definitely good. Even the light exercise is better than no activity. As once you are tired your body demands rest and hence you fall asleep quickly.
5) Finding the perfect Mattress and Pillows: Comfortable and supportive mattress and pillows are ideal for sleeping. Make sure that they are free from allergens and objects that might cause you to slip or fall if you have to get up during the night.
6) Taking sleep Aiding Tablets: Well this is yet another effective way to fall asleep in night. One such tablets are Nature Sure SOMNI Natural Sleep Aid Tablets. These tablets are an Ayurvedic formulation of carefully selected herbs that have been traditionally known to help manage sleep disorders, nervous debility, fatigue and stress.
Talking about the ingredients of these tablets it includes Brahmi, Shankhpushpi, Vatch, Kali Mirch, Gajwaan, Khurasin Ajwain, Amla, Pipla Mool. A mix of these herbs helps that you get a sound sleep in the night.
Dosage of these tablets is quite easy as well. All you need to do is to take one to two tablets (or as advised by the physician) with water before going to bed.
I am sure to that the above mentioned ways are sure to help you get sound sleep and hence get rid of insomnia. As sleepless night places a tremendous strain on your nervous system, body and consequently affecting your overall health as well. So if you are not having proper sleep or you are not feeling relaxed when you wake up in the morning, it will be good that you try the above steps or you can talk to your doctor and ask if a sleep study is right for you. Remember ‘A healthy Mind Dwells In A Healthy Body’. Happy Sleeping.